Wednesday, August 04, 2004

Here Comes the.... Vote

There is officially a state constitutional amendment to ban gay marriage in Missouri, my home state. As much as this saddens and somewhat infuriates me, it gives me a glimmer of hope for November. There are many Democrats in Missouri who are against gay marriage. It's not surprising, this is Missouri, people. So, now that gay marriage won't fly in their state, that's one less social issue they have to worry about when deciding between Bush and Kerry. Abortion is next, but we're not going to let anyone take our reproductive rights away from us. But, back to gay marriage. That's out of the way in Missouri. So now, maybe those Dems, or even those swing voters who were so concerned with the gay marriage issue (even though John Kerry isn't PRO gay marriage, per say) can put it out of their minds and vote on other issues: economy, war, corruption, etc.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I guess my 'concern' ( if you want to call it that, its just something to consider for me) is child psychology and gay parents. As of now, sociological norms are norms, it would have to be something we could transition into but will work. Also I think there are financial issues. Taxes? Hetero coupples versus homsexual Ones?