Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Back in the Saddle

Today, I felt like a real blogger for the first time. Thanks to Antlered Girl for requesting I post, I'm posting...though I should be working. What kind of blogger would I be if I didn't? I have been gone for a few days, carried away with cleaning my apartment and that thing called "work." And I guess I'm suffering from a slight case of Bloggers Block, if there is such a thing. I guess nothing too exciting has gone on in my life since Sunday. Had I bothered to post yeterday, I could have done another Manic Monday roundup, with the clever title, Just Another Manic Monday. But, alas, I did not. So, I'll save that for next Monday. Watch out for it.

For now, here's a crapload of fun and/or important things to do in the coming weeks.

1. If you've been paying any attention to the recent cyclist accidents, you should attend the Simultaneous Memorial for Cyclist Deaths this Wednesday (that's TOMORROW), June 29th at 7pm. Chose your location: Andrew Morgan, 25, Houston & Elizabeth; Manhattan, Elizabeth Padilla, 28, 5th Avenue and Prospect Place, Brooklyn; Brandie Bailey, 21, Houston & Avenue A, Manhattan; Jerome Allen, 59, Hylan Boulevard, Staten Island. Bring candles and flowers. There will be a Simultaneous Moment of Silence at 7:20pm

2. Need a country music fix? Head down to Park Slope Thursday night for the CasHank Hootenanny Jamboree. You don't play an instrument? Come and watch me rock out on the tambourine. At Buttermilk, 16th Street and 5th Avenue in the Slope, 9 pm. to midnight, free.

3. Stuck in the City for 4th of July Weekend? On Saturday, July 2, head to midtown for Freedom Weekend, a day-long picnic/softball tournament organized by leftie groups such as Swing the State, Drinking Liberally, Democracy for New York City and more.

4. Support Public Advocate candidate Norman Siegel while partying at my house. That's right, party at the lair de eefers. Send me an e-mail and I'll send you the evite. Friday, July 8, 8 p.m. until we can't stay awake anymore, $10.

I hope to be back tomorrow with something insightful. Especially since the Supreme Court just made many important decisions I should comment on. And, later this week, I could be posting something humiliating. Stay tuned.

No comments: