Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Going to the Chapel

Not me, but I did receive my prom date's wedding invitation in the mail today. Not that this is a big deal; many people I graduated high school in Missouri with are married--some with children and houses; some with children, no marriage and no house; some with children and a house. Even my best friend since the first grade has a 4-year-old daughter and a house (but no marriage). Now my prom date is getting married. It's just weird to me because I have one married friend in New York; well, two: my friend and her husband. Most of my New York friends are eternally single, including myself.

Hell, I don't even know where I'm going with this post so I'm going to leave it open to discussion if anyone feels like commenting. It's hot and my tummy is way too full of Indian food. All I know is, my prom date is getting married and I'm single. None of those things are bad (except maybe the extreme heat). And that's all I have to say about that.

6 comments:

Roonie said...

Ha! My whole life back in the Midwest = married people!

todd said...

- I feel ya --
I probably have 4 or 5 girlfriends/girls I've dated that have gotten married recently. Most of those girls got hitch right after me, that one freaks me out. I just got back from my Senior Prom Date's wedding and my Junior Prom Date got married last year about this time. The married friends tend to fade off into the distance, or move somewhere like Clovis, NM -- so same thing. Come to think of it -- I really don't know many "single" people, everyone seems to have that close someone.

Tree Trunk Ho Slappa said...

I've started to notice nice shiny engagement rings in the subway. I would love the ring, just not the rest of it.

Although it would be nice to have two incomes and split the rent. Think where one could live!

Daniel said...

I'm more interested in the Indian food part of this post. I love naan and chicken tikka masala... mmmmmm

Tree Trunk Ho Slappa said...

Singeltons /unmarrieds Unite!

DietSpice said...

I feel a huuuuuge schism between me and my married friends, like I have nothing to say to them, which is weird because I've been dating Steve-o for eons.

I talk to married people in their 20's like they are my parents, I censor myself. Most of these people are my peripheral friends anyway.

The first of my superclose friends will be married soon. Unless you count my best friend who is younger than me and has been both married and divorced in the past year.

I think married couples freak me out because they are so family oriented.

I don't want to lose my edge. I don't want to be addicted to HGTV and doilies. I don't want to discuss mortgages and IRA's. I don't want to stop swearing.

When people get married, it's like they lose the cool factor.

I don't think any of this makes any sense. Dammit.