Monday, June 13, 2005

Manic Monday: Round Up

Michael Jackson was found innocent. I think it's time for the mother's trial. Who in her right mind would let her child stay the night with Michael Jackson?

The senator who coined the term "freedom fries," now says
Bush should set a timetable for withdraw from Iraq.

Mayor Mike finally conceded that Queens is a better place than the freaking west side of Manhattan for his stupid stadium. Let's hope that plan falls through, too.

I woke to the sound of someone chopping down a live tree on my block...while the dead one still stands outside my window.

My dad arrived today. He's here for the rest of the week! Watch out for the Farrises, or however the hell I should pluralize that.

And finally, I hope that those of you with bikes will join me (and for those of you without a bike, a wake-up call would be appreciated) for a ride on Thursday morning. It's a vigil ride to honor not only Elizabeth Padilla who was killed last week, but all bike riders who have died in traffic accidents. It starts at 8 a.m. at Fifth Avenue and Warren Street in Brooklyn and ends at City Hall at 9 a.m., with different groups asking Mayor Bloomberg to convene a task force to examine bicyclist safety and past deaths.

That's all for now. More tomorrow.

No comments: