Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Public Advocate, Hard at Work

I'm glad to see our public advocate, Betsy Gotbaum, is doing something for us. Well, at least complaining about something for us. From the Post via Gawker (you need a sign in for the Post now):
"More than one-quarter of all subway MetroCard swipes have failed since the MTA kicked off its fare-card program, according to a report by the city Public Advocate’s Office."
Um, that's great and all Betsy, but where have you been the past three and a half years? My money is on her opponent, Norman Siegel--seriously. He's the only candidate I've contributed to, ever. And I'm throwing a house party for him Friday, July 8, so mark your calendar. Oh, and I'm also peitioning for him at the Mermaid Parade at Coney Island this Saturday. E-mail me if you'd like to join. (Yes, we can dress up as mermaids, too.)

UPDATE: Turns out Ms. Gotbaum got her figures from the MTA. Way to do investigative reporting. I bet they're right on. Via Gothamist (I refuse to sign up with the Post.)

No comments: