Friday, June 24, 2005

Some Good Friday Afternoon News: Big Bird Lives On

From Noah Winer over at MoveOn:
"In an unexpected move yesterday afternoon, the House of Representatives approved a measure to restore $100 million of funding for NPR, PBS and local public stations. Republican leaders were proposing to slash $200 million from the Corporation for Public Broadcasting, but you helped stop them."
This brings up an interesting question: at what age should one start contributing to his/her PBS and NPR affiliates? I listen to NPR religiously, but have yet to contribute. I'd like to, but of course, I am a poor college student and have trouble "contributing" to the landlord and ConEd. I guess I'll make up for it when I'm older and actually carry a balance in my bank account. Thoughts? Opinions?

No comments: