Monday, July 25, 2005

Sometimes I Just Want to go Live on a Farm

God, I love the city. Our bags are searched on the subway because of terror threats, and apparently if they find anything even remotely "illegal" (anti-war stickers, magic markers, etc.) in our bags, they can arrest us. My apartment is full of giant, human-eating insects. And about a bazillion people were killed in Brooklyn this weekend, including this pregnant woman. On the bright side, I don't have to worry about having my bag searched because I'm too shit broke to take the subway.

Really, I do love this city. But sometimes it's hard for the good to outweigh the bad. Especially any time I pick up a newspaper or visit a website, everything I see is about terrorism, murder, overdevelopment, etc. Is it possible to be well informed on current events and happy in a place like New York City?

No comments: