Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Singing and Stumping Toward City Hall TONIGHT

mayoroke
Tonight, eefers will co-host (with MFS) what promises to be the most fun event of the 2005 election season. At MAYOROKE, candidates for Mayor and other city offices are invited to give a short stump speech, but only if they first serenade the crowd with their favorite karaoke tune. Oh yes, Gifford Miller (who, if you'll remember, I have a huge crush on) will definitely be there, along with other confirmed candidates: Norman Siegel, Scott Stringer, Carlos Manzano, Bill Perkins and Eric Cesnik, among others.

MAYOROKE
Brought to you by Drinking Liberally
Promoting Democracy One Poorly Sung Cover Tune at a Time
Thursday, September 1, 7:30 p.m.
at The Tank
208 W. 37th Street at 7th Avenue
FREE

Photo courtesy Peter Wohlsen.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

We'll see if you still have a crush on Giff once he starts cracking on high notes and drifting on the low. (Not that I have any idea-- he could be a beautfiful singer, for all I know.)

Not to sound cocky, but if you like a man who can really sing, I may be your dark horse candidate.

Tree Trunk Ho Slappa said...

I am TOTALLY there.

Have you seen your man's commercial where he's in the shcool? "I can pay to decrease class sizes by NOT giving a tax break to those who make more than 150K"

nicholasjcoleman said...

I saw this listed in Metro! Or was it TimeOut?

Anonymous said...

I heard that Giff backed out! Is that true? Punk! Someone should call his office, (212) 587-8087, and give his staff shit for this. Seriously.

Anonymous said...

If Giff backed out, he's lost my vote in the primary. I'll call his office. We should ALL call his office.