Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Burglarized

Last night the apartment across the hall was burglarized for the second time (that I know of, since I've lived there). This is the third time an apartment in my building has been burglarized (that I know of, since I've lived there).

The front door to my building never locks and hardly ever closes. The burglar (or burglars -- I'm guessing it's one person who keeps coming back for more laptops) goes in through the front door, heads up to the roof, down the back fire escape and in through the windows (that, of course, do not lock).

One would think that my landlord would have tried to fix the door after the first time. But I have a slumlord who does absolutely nothing to fix up, or even fix, the building.

Good thing I'm moving out January 1. Too bad it's not sooner. Should I report him once I get my deposit back? He's the kind of guy that would make my life a living hell if I actually reported him while I still lived there, even after the obligatory written requests for repairs. Has anyone had any experiences with this kind of landlord?

Yeah, so I'm moving out January 1. Anyone looking for a super-cute (albeit somewhat vulnerable to burglaries) 2-bedroom apartment in the South Slope?

2 comments:

PiggyReese said...

woo you make it sound so appealing

TeddyFrank said...

Well Eefers,
I wouldn't pay the last months rent. This guy sounds like the kind of piece of shit that wouldn't give you a security depoist back