Thursday, January 12, 2006

Bikes and the Building

Apparently a big NO NO where I work. I rode my new bike in from Brooklyn for the first time today, and not wanting to lock it with a U-lock, I decided I'd just bring it up to the office. So, I left my lock at home.

When I tried to bring it inside, I was firmly (and not so nicely) alerted to the fact that bikes are not allowed in the building. So, I spent the better part of this morning waiting for the bike shop on W. 47th Street to open so I could spend $100 on a new chain lock.

Not the worst thing in the world. The worst thing in the world? Not being able to open our windows. Other than that, it's a pretty nice building.

1 comment:

PiggyReese said...

Did you ask if you could bring it up the fright elevator?
That's what I did, and I get to leave it in the office services office.