Monday, February 06, 2006

eefers PSA: Don't Drink and Text

Last night after the Super Bowl, Chris and I rushed back to his place so I could watch Grey's Anatomy (I'll admit, I'm obsessed). Chris was in the living room watching TV and I was in his room watching my show. I was -- as is to be expected after a good Super Bowl party -- a little sloppy, and thought it would be fun to send Chris a rather raunchy text message from the next room. And so I did. A few minutes later I got this message:
"Your message was addressed to a landline # 816-796-####. 4 a limited time send msgs to a landline using Sprint's Text to Landline Service! Std rates apply."
What?! I’d accidentally sent the message to my mom! And Sprint was going to make sure she got the message? Assholes! I'd accidentally sent text messages to landlines before and figured they disappeared into the cell-o-sphere. That's the way it should be.

Never the alarmist, I figured if I'd wanted to take advantage of the Text to Landline Service, I'd have to take another step, like...I don't know...signing up for it!

I sent the message to the intended recipient (Chris) and went back to watching Grey's Anatomy. Then, I received this:
"Your message was successfully delivered to an answering machine or voicemail at 816-796-####. Thanks for using Text to Landline!"
Yeah...

1 comment:

Tree Trunk Ho Slappa said...

So what did your poor midwestern mother think about your dirty talk?

PS: I came home for Grey's also. I <3 it! However, was it my drink-addled brain or was this a convoluted episode? Not my fav.

And after seeing the punked episode with Ellen P. I can't be on team Grey anymore. SHe was an absolute bitch. Dr. McDreamys wife is growing on me.