Friday, April 14, 2006

Nobody Puts Baby In a Conference Room

At work, I'm Baby. Ok, they don't call me Baby like Frances in Dirty Dancing, but I am the baby. I'm old enough, however, to remember the episode of Seinfeld where Elaine gets annoyed every time they have cake for someone's birthday. Luckily, in my office, we don't have cake every day, but we have it at just about every staff meeting (celebrating the birthdays of the month). And we end every staff meeting with my colleagues gawking over the fact that I was born after 1980. Today's trigger? I said something about TYP (referring to Track Your Park, a new program at NY4P). Then people started talking about Michael Jackson. I didn't pretend to know what they were talking about. And they laughed at me for it. I googled it and still couldn't figure it out. Does it stand for touch your privates? Someone help!

5 comments:

mfs said...

i think they were referencing the song "PYT- Pretty Young Thing"

I have totally been there myself:
http://tinyurl.com/lwrgs

Tree Trunk Ho Slappa said...

Hey! glad to see you've returned from land o' the dead.

I don't know what your talking about, I was lucky enough to be born in 1979.

TeddyFrank said...

Hey Eefers,
I think Pretty Young Thing was just part of the chorus, I think the song is called "Liberian Girl". I guess you could impress them by informing them that the king of pop is now nearly broke in UAE and is about to sell all of his Beatles songs. Or that he didn't actually buy John Merrit's bones, but did bid on them.

Frank

mfs said...

PYT is on Thriller. Liberian Girl is on Bad. I mean... um... what?

Chris said...

PYT= Pretty Young Thing

"I want your lovin' TLC," is the next line. And no, it doesn't stand for T-Boz, Lefteye, and Chili.