Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Blackout 2006, Here I Come!

I predict there's going to be another blackout. This afternoon. Building security just made an announcement that some agency is asking us to turn off any lights we're not using, "energy star" save our computers or something, and that they're shutting down 25% of the elevators (as if they're not slow enough already). And just this morning I had cranked the fridge because someone's tuna was stinky.

Anyone else receive an announcement like this?

3 comments:

mfs said...

there is a program that on days like today coned pays buildings or companies to reduce energy usage. I bet your building is in it.

Kate said...

My building in Battery Park did it too.

nicholasjcoleman said...

I just got power back after not having it since Sunday. Yes, there was definitely a blackout of 2006. It just only seems to have happened in Queens. :)