Wednesday, October 11, 2006

The AP Needs Some Google Maps Action

From CNN.com:
NEW YORK (AP) -- Police say an aircraft has crashed into a building on Manhattan's Upper East Side at 72nd Street and York Avenue. It is near Rockefeller Center.
Seriously? That's the best description they can come up with to put the location of the Upper East Side into perspective? I mean, I guess I'd understand it if CNN or the AP were located in Rockefeller Center, or if say, Kim Jong Il was currentling taping an interview with Meredeth Viera, but come on. Associated Press, you can do better.

2 comments:

Lacey said...

I saw this too. Turns out I think they meant Rockefeller MEDICAL Center, which is over there. Still, kind of a different thing there, AP.

Grog said...

Not that it makes a difference, but AP is in Rockefeller Center. I believe the address is 75 Rockefeller Plaza. In any case, Rock Center isn't on the Upper East Side, or particularly close, and anyone at AP should have caught that.