Monday, October 23, 2006

Nanny on Board: Only in New York

How's my nannying?

A New York mother, and lawyer, launched on Thursday a nanny tracking system that allows New Yorkers to tattle on nannies. Howsmynanny.com sells license plates for strollers. And just as frustrated highway dwellers can complain about reckless big rig drivers, New York pedestrians can now do the same.

The license plates are $50, and once registered, parents will receive alerts in their email boxes should someone complain about their nanny via the website.

A good idea considering many New York parents pay their nannies $15 an hour and the guy who fixes their computer five times that much.

2 comments:

mfs said...

that's the dumbest thing I ever heard of. this is a great way to make sure that you have a disgruntled, micromanaged nanny.

eefers said...

I've been a nanny, and I'd rather that than a nannycam. Luckily, I've never worked for families who didn't trust me. Though one woman asked if I sprinkled her son with magic fairy dust -- he slept for me and not her...