Sunday, February 11, 2007

Adulthood

Question: At what point does one really become an adult? Because I'm going through this quarter-life crisis thing (don't worry, I'll save the long version for some low-rent chick mag). There are times I still feel like I'm a teenager, or even a kid, pretending to be an adult, but when I look at it objectively (I'm 24, have been living on my own since I was 18, bitch about my bills every day and have far surpassed puberty), I'm just a bad adult. And then I have these terrifying moments when I realize that I am absolutely an adult.

Last night was one of them. I spent the evening--a Friday, mind you--sitting in front of the TV, drinking beer and watching an entire hour of QVC. At the end of said hour, I placed my first ever QVC order. And I say things like "mind you."

No comments: