Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Not Cool

Apparently, I am not cool enough to sell my clothes in Williamsburg.

When I lived in Park Slope (and its general vicinity), I would take my clothes that I no longer wore or that no longer fit to Beacon's Closet, to sell. More often than not, they'd buy what I took in. I have a pretty good eye for what's wearable and what's not... or so I'd like to think.

Today, I took about five pair of jeans, many cute, vintage dresses, and even a few pairs of lightly worn shoes to the Williamsburg branch. I left with $15 and most of what I walked in with.

I already knew my hipness wasn't quite up to par in this neighborhood, but it didn't really affect me. Until now. Park Slope geeks: prepare yourself for my flared Gap jeans and Hush Puppies. They're coming your way.

No comments: