Sunday, December 30, 2007

New Year's: No Longer Just Another Shitty Holiday

Have you ever:
a) spent New Year's Eve on the D train hugging a 4-pack of Charmin, crying?
b) run around a New Year's party screaming "I haven't been this high since high school!" only to spend the next day so hungover that you could do nothing but lie in bed and watch 17 hours of "Flip That House?"
c) been punched in the vagina on New Year's Eve by your little sister's drunk friend?
If you answered "yes" to any of the above, then you probably hate New Year's as much as I do. But I think that's all because I looked at New Year's as a holiday that was supposed to be wildly celebrated, and not a fresh start. This year, I'm going to celebrate the beginning of 2008--for real. 2007 was probably the best and worst year of my life. And I'm damn glad that it's almost over (the year, not my life).

No comments: